Aims & Values
At Laureate, we are determined to create an inclusive learning community where everyone is given the opportunity to fulfil his or her potential. We aim to challenge and support all of our pupils, helping them strive to become lifelong learners and preparing them for life in modern Britain.
This is encapsulated in our ‘REACH’ acronym: We want everyone involved at Laureate to Respect each other, Enjoy their time in our school, Achieve to the best of their abilities, learn how to Communicate effectively with those around them and lead a happy and Healthy lifestyle.
- We view learning as a shared experience where diversity of ability, gender, culture and belief is valued and celebrated.
- We are aware that we are responsible for our own learning, and that our behaviour and choices can also have an impact on the learning of others.
- We learn best in a secure, friendly environment where we can take risks without fear of judgement or failure.
- We want to be inspired by our learning, and understand that we have an active role to play in ensuring that our experiences are exciting and engaging.
- We take pride in our achievements, and enjoy celebrating our individual and collective successes.
- We understand the importance of challenging ourselves, and being challenged by others, in order to make the most of our abilities.
- We enjoy working collaboratively so that we can learn from each other and share our ideas and experiences.
- We have a responsibility to let others know when we need help, how we are feeling and what support we need to enable us to do our best.
- We appreciate the need to stay physically and emotionally healthy and strong, and are given the skills and knowledge to make informed choices.
- We aim to develop high self-esteem, self-confidence and self-worth, and the resilience to overcome challenges that we face on our learning journey.