Information for the end of term and September
16th July 2021
Important Information Regarding End of Summer Term
& Start of Autumn Term
We really hope you’ve enjoyed coming in to see the children share their Creative Arts Week learning and receive their end of year certificates this week; it’s been so lovely to be able to welcome families into school for more than just dropping off and picking up! We are looking forward to welcoming a larger audience to the Year 6 production of Roald Dahl’s Cinderella on Monday, followed by their leavers’ assembly.
Please remember that our school protective measures will remain in place until the end of term in order to keep our children, families and staff as safe as possible;in particular, all adults and secondary aged children will still need to wear masks on site on Monday 19th and Tuesday 20th July, including at pick up and drop off times, unless you have a pre-existing medical exemption. After this week’s positive COVID-19 test in the school – the first since the January lockdown – it is as important as ever that we continue to keep everyone safe so that we can all enjoy our summer holidays without any more self-isolation being required!
The new Government guidance for schools allows us to return to largely normal operations in September, although this is subject to change; there are also some things that have worked even better than before over the past 16 months, which will remain in place. All being well, we will be able to move to the following arrangements:
• All classes will start at the same time, with main gates opening at 8:50am and classroom gates and doors opening at 9:00am:
o Nursery will go in through their front door as usual;
o Reception will go in through the main playground gate and then the wooden gate as usual;
o Year 1 will be met at the small courtyard gate, as they are now;
o Year 2 will go through the side gate by the bike racks and be met at their classroom door;
o Year 3 will go through the side gate by the bike racks and be met at their classroom door;
o Year 4 will go through the main playground gate and be met at the back door as usual;
o Year 5 will go through the main playground gate and be met at the mobile entrance;
o Year 6 will go through the main playground gate and be met at the ramp into their room.
• Similarly, all classes will finish at 3:30pm, with the main gates opening at 3:20pm.
• All children from Reception to Year 6 will eat in the dining hall (or outside if they are packed lunch and the weather allows it) as normal.
• Children will be able to mix with different classes and play in different areas so please make sure that they have a change of footwear for breaks and lunchtimes as the weather turns in the autumn.
• We will be able to have assemblies and will re-introduce celebration assemblies for parents, along with other share sessions and family events, as soon as possible.
One of our main targets for the new academic year will be to rebuild our school community, with a re-launch of our PTA and School Council, re-introduction of popular events like our Mums/Dads & Kids Clubs, adult learning classes from West Suffolk College and our Family Support Worker, Clare Appleby, and lots more. If there is anything that you think would make our community even stronger, please do let us know