Partial Re-opening Letter to Parents
19th May 2020
Tuesday 19th May 2020
Dear parents & carers,
Thank you so much for your continued support in these unprecedented times; I hope you are all keeping safe and well. We share the Government’s ambition to welcome back to school children in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 classes from Monday 1st June; and also, if possible, for all primary aged children to be back in school before the end of the summer term. The safety of children and staff is paramount in our planning and we will be following closely all available guidance, in particular the grouping of children in classes of no more than 15, supervised by a consistent team of staff for each group.
We are planning for:
• Children of critical workers and identified vulnerable children (as defined by the Government here) to continue to attend school as they are now;
• Children in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 classes to attend school from Monday 1st June – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday morning (including lunchtime), Thursday and Friday – with school ending early on Wednesday as all schools across our trust are having additional cleaning on Wednesday afternoons;
• The home learning we have been providing for children in Years 2, 3, 4 and 5 via eSchools to continue.
Further details about our plans are included in the Frequently Asked Questions sheet which accompanies this letter; this will be updated as required, with the latest version emailed to you and also available on our website.
These plans are subject to:
• Confirmation by the Government that these plans should go ahead and that its tests for the partial and phased re-opening of schools are met;
• All schools having to adapt arrangements if the uptake by families of school places changes significantly from what was expected;
• Changes at short notice due to staff shortages – we will be keeping consistent groups of adults and children together, which means that we will not use supply staff or move staff between groups;
• Any instructions by Public Health England in the event that a pupil or member of staff who is attending school tests positive for Covid-19.
We understand that parents will have mixed feelings about their children returning to school. We will be asking you at the beginning of each week about your intentions for the following week, including whether you want your child to be provided with a packed lunch or if they will bring their own. This first request for information is being made further in advance than in future weeks because we are still waiting for further Government guidance; our trust have also agreed to discuss with the trade unions that represent our staff the detail of our arrangements. Please read the Frequently Asked Questions carefully before making your decision; there will be no penalties for parents who are not yet ready for their children to return
In order to be able to finalise our planning, we need to know how many children will be returning.
Please use the link below to reply if your child is currently in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 or Year 6 (if you have more than one child, please complete a separate questionnaire for each child to help us with our planning):
Please use the link below to reply if your child is currently in Year 2, 3, 4 or 5 and either you are a critical worker or your child has been identified as vulnerable:
Please reply using the relevant link(s) by the end of Wednesday 20th May.
If you are unable to access the survey, please complete the slip in the printable letter below and return to the school office via eSchools, email or the school post box.
We do not expect final confirmation by the Government regarding whether or not the partial re-opening of schools will begin on Monday 1st June until during half term (week commencing 25th May); we will let you know as soon as we can.
Thank you again for all of your support and understanding.
Mr D Perkins