19th March 2020
Dear parents and carers,
As you will know by now, we have been instructed to close as part of the response to the ongoing coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic. We have been preparing for this scenario for a number of weeks, and we are in a strong position to be able to support your child with their learning at home.
Your child has been provided with the following:
- Reading and maths study books (Years 1 to 6): we expect pupils to complete at least one page per day in each book.
- Login details for Times Tables Rock Stars and PiXL Unlock (Years 2 to 6): we expect pupils to practise these on a daily basis if they have Internet/Wi-Fi access (including on phones and tablets).
- Login details for eSchools: the class pages will be updated with links to websites and further activities, and additional tasks will be set via the ‘homework’ tab on this page.
- Two menus of homework tasks, and/or homework projects, relating to the class ‘inspiration’ or other learning for the spring and summer terms: we expect pupils to complete at least one task per week.
- A selection of reading books: we have increased the number of books that pupils can borrow from the library from two to five, and class teachers will also provide reading books at an appropriate level for your child as appropriate.
- An exercise book and pencils for your child to use.
Staff will continue to work from home, and will be available online to support pupils and parents: you can contact them via eSchools as normal, and teachers will be uploading more activities and links, marking any work that they receive and providing as much ‘virtual teaching’ as is reasonable and practicable. If you require any assistance with any of this, please contact the school office in the first instance.
We understand that this is an unprecedented and worrying time; however, we believe that this is the best possible education that we are able to provide for your child in the circumstances. We will, of course, keep you updated with more information as we receive it, and we look forward to seeing you and your child again very soon.
Mr D Perkins